Finland is found in Northern Europe famous for its natural beauty and unique culture.
10. There Are More Than 3 Million Saunas In Finland
A sauna in Finland is a place to relax and socialize with family and friends.
9. The Finns Absolutely Love to Drink Milk.
The annual milk consumption per person in Finland is 34.34 gallons.
8. The Wife-Carrying Race Originated in Finland
Wife-carrying, is a competition in which men have to carry their wives and race against other competitors.
7. Finland Is the Only Home of the Endangered Saimaa Ringed Seal
A highly threatened seal species, the Saimaa ringed seal is found in Lake Saimaa, Finland.
6. The Longest Palindromic Word Comes From the Finnish Language
A palindrome is a phrase or word that reads the same forwards or backward.
Is the 19-lettered saippuakivikauppias, in Finnish means a lye (caustic soda) dealer.
5. The Finns Drink More Coffee Than Any One Else
Just like milk, the Finns consume an impressive 12 kg of coffee per person annually.
4. Finland Celebrates a ‘Day for Failure’
Finland celebrates failure on the 13th of October each year.
3. The World’s Second Longest Tunnel Is Located in Finland.
Päijänne Water Tunnel is a 120 km long.
2. Finland Is Europe’s Prison-Break Capital
In Finland, prisoners are allowed to circulate in the surrounding community during the daytime.
1. Finland Has One of the World’s Most Powerful Passports.
Individuals with a Finnish passport can access 175 countries around the world without a visa.