Africa as continent is striving to develop, these countries are still lugging behind and have a gross domestic product of less than $500.
These countries’ economy is largely affected by political insecurity and wars which are prevalent.
10. Guinea: GDP Per Capita $ 558
This country is rich in deposit of Gold and Diamonds but despite of this very poor in income per capita which is $558.
9. Ethiopia: GDP Per Capita.
It is consist of large area which is 1,100,000 square kilometers.
8. Democratic Republic of Congo: GDP Per Capita $ 484
This country is second largest country of Africa in respect of area, fourth largest population, more than 77 million.
7. Madagascar: GDP Per Capita $ 463
6. Liberia: GDP Per Capita $ 454
Has a total area of 111,369 square kilometers with a population of 4,503,000 inhabitants.
5. Niger: GDP Per Capita $ 415
It has also large population which is about 17,138,707 inhabitants.
4. The Gambia: GDP Per Capita $ 371
It is 10,689 square kilometers.
3. Central Africa Republic: GDP Per Capita $ 333
Has a total area about 620,000 square kilometers and population more than 4.7 million.
2. Burundi: GDP Per Capita $ 267
More than 11,178,921 inhabitants are living the life much below international poverty level.
1. Malawi: GDP Per Capita $ 226
Consist of 118,000 square kilometers with total population more than 16,777,547.