August 17th Premier League fixtures are underway and here are some facts as the English premier league continues.
- 3 – Under Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool faces Southampton 11 times in all competitions (W5 D3 L3). Against no side has the German lost more often with the Reds than against the Saints (also three defeats against Leicester and Swansea).
- 1:40 – Josh King’s second minute penalty for Bournemouth is the earliest spot kick scored in a premier league match. Since Sergio Aguero against Newcastle in February 2015 (1:12).
- Teemu Pukki is the first Norwich player to score in his first two premier league appearances. Last player to do so is Ashley Ward in December 1994.
- Watford are winless in all 13 away matches against Everton in all competitions (W0 D2 L11). They mostly lead in three of their last four matches at Goodison Park but failing to win any.
- Bournemouth are the eighth team to start a premier league campaign with two games against newly promoted sides. The most recent were Swansea City in 2016-17. While the only one of the previous seven not to win either match were Wigan in 2011-12.
- Dani Ceballos have the most touches (97), most chances (4), and most passes (70) of any Arsenal player versus Burnley.
- Arsenal have won their first two games of a premier league season for the first time since 2009-10.