Flames coach Meck Mwase has named 31 local based players to go in camp on Monday at the Moira Village in Chiwembe Blantyre, to prepare for back to back 2021 AFCON Qualifying matches against Burkina Faso.
Mwase has included in the squad defenders Erick Kawonga who impressed during the second round of the 2019 TNM super league for his relegated side Mlatho Mponela, Paul Dhlovu of MAFCO football club which played in the central region football association league last year as well as Mphatso Magaleta and Nickson Mwase of Mtopwa football club and Civil Service united respectively.
Speaking to the press on Thursday the Malawi national football team tactician said the team need to prepare well and the final squad will be released based on performance.
“We will start the preparations with the local players as they are coming from off season and we will prepare the boys physically and mentally as it’s a tight schedule for our back to back games against Burkina Faso. So the boys need to easily adapt. Whoever works hard during training has a chance to make it to the final squad to include foreign based players which we will release in the coming weeks,” said Mwase.
Malawi will play Burkina Faso in Ouagadougou on March 26 before hosting their opponent at the Kamuzu stadium four days later.
Below is the squad to go in camp
1. Rabson Chiyenda – Nyasa Big Bullets
2. Brighton Munthali – Silver Strikers
3. William Thole – Be Forward Wanderers
4. Bonage Lweya – Kamuzu Barracks
5. Ted Suman – Be Forward Wanderers
6. Stanley Sanudi – Forward Wanderers
7. Peter Cholopi – Be Forward Wanderers
8. Precious Sambani – Nyasa Big Bullets
9. Gomezgani Chirwa – Nyasa Big Bullets
10. Hadji Wali – Silver Strikers
11. Nickson Mwase – Civo
12. Lusekero Malema – Karonga United
13. Eric Kaonga – Mlatho Mponera
14. Nickson Nyasulu – Nyasa Big Bullets
15. Paul Ndhlovu – Mafco
16. Lloyd Njaliwa – Moyale Barracks
17. Micium Mhone – Blue Eagles
18. Duncan Nyoni – Silver Strikers
19. Mike Mkwate – Nyasa Big Bullets
20. Chimwemwe Idana – Nyasa Big Bullets
21. Rafick Namwera Be – Forward Wanderers
22. Peter Banda – Nyasa Big Bullets
23. Mphatso Magaleta – Ntopwa FC
24. Felix Zulu – Be Forward Wanderers
25. Chimango Kayira – Nyasa Big Bullets
26. Isaac Kaliati – Be Forward Wanderers
27. Chikoti Chirwa – Kamuzu Barracks
28. Hassan Kajoke – Nyasa Big Bullets
29. Patrick Phiri – Nyasa Big Bullets
30. Vincent Nyangulu – Be Forward Wanderers
31. Foster Bitoni – Silver Strikers